Thursday, May 20, 2010

Evelyn Glennie: Shows How to Listen


What struck you?
-What struck me the most was how into it she was. I could tell she really loves music and is into it. And how she still plays the drums even if she lost her hearing.

What did you notice
-I noticed she had different ways of showing sounds on the drums.

What did you enjoy about her performance?
-What I enjoyed about her performance was how she kept on showing what she was talking about on the drums and she showed different sounds on the drums.

What do you remember about her performance? 
-What I remember about her performance was when she was explaining that she lost her hearing at age 12, and now when she plays the drums she can tell a high and low note apart from the vibration the goes through her hands.

What did she mean by, "Each person experiences music in their own way"? Think about how you experience music and why everyone doesn't enjoy listening to the same music.
-I think she was kinda of meaning to say that because of here being death, so she experiences music a different way than a non death person would.

No comments:

Post a Comment