Friday, May 7, 2010

Sustainability Visit Blog Post






Adriana, Bianca, and I all went to the same Farmers market in Chula Vista, I interviewed a seller there named Ester, and these were her answers to my questions.






  • What is your name and your role here at the Farmers market?


My name is Ester, and I sell fresh produce that come from R&L farms that I work for.





  • Why do you choose to sell your produce here/support the CSA?


I choose to sell here because it is a well known farmers market, and fresh produce is always better, has no chemicals and it tastes much better.





  • When did you first start growing and working for a fresh produce company?


I started growing fresh produce when I started working for R&L Farms which was 21 years ago.





  • Do you garden at home? Why or why not?


Yes, I garden at my home, and in a ranch in Fresno.





  • What would be your advice to get others to do what you do?


I say everyone to start growing their own fruits and vegetables because for one the fruits and vegetables will taste much better without all the chemicals they put in them, and if you grow your own, you wont have to waste your money buying non fresh fruits and vegetables in your local grocery stores.



4 comments:

  1. i like the questions you asked. I even wanted to answer them my self. it made me wan6t to go back in time and ask does questions to them instead the ones that i did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the questions that you asked I thought that you used constructive language and questions, like when you said.... Why do you choose to sell your produce here/support the C.S.A? Thank you for letting me comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -I thought it was a cool idea that you all went as a group to a farmers market because it can be a little weird to approach some people and there reactions. It would seem simpler.
    -I thought it would be easier to go in groups because there is safety in numbers and it a lot more fun with friends shopping and hanging out
    -I wonder why you guys just asked a couple of questions should have gone into more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with vinnie, great that you all went together and it made me think when she said she had a ranch instead of a garden. I also wonder what R&L stand for. 21 years is a long time great for her.

    ReplyDelete