Tuesday, April 20, 2010

School Daze Dialectic Journals




Quote:Like most five-year-olds, she was thrilled to be going off to school at last, and I was thrilled for her, imagining (as she did) that some truly wonderful experience must be awaiting her. It was only after several months that I began to notice that her excitement was fading — and continued to fade month after month and year after year, until, by the time she was in the third grade she was thoroughly bored and glad for any opportunity to miss a day of school. Does this all come as strange news to you?" "Yeah," I said with a bitter laugh. "Only about eighty million kids went to bed last night praying for six feet of snow to fall so the schools would have to close."

Response:Like we talked about it in class we were saying when we're little we're actually excited for our first day of school, but once we actually spend time there and do the same thing every morning we get tired of it. I can relate to that because I know when it was my first day of school I was so ready for school but after a couple of months I wanted to shoot my self in the head! Being in high school now I hate it, but at the same time you think about it, and you kind of have to, to get a good job and have a good future.

No comments:

Post a Comment